Monday, September 26, 2011

The Call of Duty

April 29

Jerry was injured this morning. He was caught in one of their traps. But I had to keep going, had to stay with the mission. I know he understands that. I know he'll forgive me.

April 31

Jerry's still out there. I can hear him moan every once in a while; it's torturing me that I can't get to him. I spent all last night coming up with a plan to get him, but abandoned it. If I die, then we fail the mission, and the mission is all that matters.

May 3

I can't handle it anymore. Part of me wished-- hoped-- that Jerry would just die out there, but the sentry came back by last night and... started torturing him. Did he know I could see him? Was he taunting me? Tomorrow I'll have to decide whether or not Jerry's body is more important than the mission, but right now I'm just not ready for that decision. 

May 4

Jerry's gone. Somehow during the night I actually fell asleep, and the sentry came back around and must've taken him. The Son of a bitch knew when to strike. Back in The Wall we're taught not to get too attached, specifically for situations like this. Guess I failed that lesson, huh Sarge?

May 6

I don't care about the mission anymore. They'll send more from The Wall if I fail anyway, so the least I can do is recover Jerry's body. He might even still be alive, either way I have to know. I've spent the last day and a half doing recon and found out they put Jerry in what I've started calling The Dump. A lot of stuff goes in there-- other prisoners I can only assume-- and it seems like the only way in is through the top.

May 8

I've managed to get past the sentry and hide, but not without injury. My leg is probably broken and he got into my ribs pretty good. But I wasn't the only one... I managed to get at the sentry's eye, hopefully left a mark.


May 13?


Woke up late today. Not even sure what day it is anymore. I've lost too much blood, and I'm out of supplies. I think this might be it. God, I'm sorry, Betty. I couldn't get to Jerry. He was my best friend, my brother. Know that he loved you more than anything else in this world or the next. If this is found, tell my mother I love her and I served proudly... with no regrets.

                          + + + +
May 14


Ugh! today was awful! First, Miss Larson caught me talking to Sarah during Science (whatever), then she made me stay after class to talk about my grades! Then, when I get home the cable's out and Mark, THE ONLY PERSON WITH A CELL PHONE, won't let me call Tim. I hate this place, it's like a prison. Oh! And Dad totally found a gross dead mouse in the cabinet this morning! NASTY! WE KEEP FOOD IN THERE! Oh well, he threw it away like the other one kitty killed last week!!! Anyway, Chloe is coming over tonight because it's FRIDAY (what what) and her cousin said he'd buy us some beer (yay!) See ya! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment