Thursday, July 26, 2012

Title Goes Here

"Melissa?"
"Yes, James."
Melissa wore a green dress.
"Lovely dress."
"Oh! Thank you."
She paused.
"Is there something you'd like to say to me?" James asked.
"Um, I don't know yet," she said, nervously.
James wore a blue polo shirt with blue jeans.
"I mean, yes. Your shirt is a lovely shade of blue and those jeans are absolutely perfect for you."
"Thank you very much. I got them on sale just the other day," James said.
In fact, James did not get those clothes on sale-- he paid full price.
"I mean, I paid full price. I certainly wish they were on sale for the money I spent on them," he said, annoyed.
He spent $120 total.
"What? Can I even afford that?"
He could.
"Oh, good," James smiled.
"Well, uh, it all looks great on you," Melissa said, lying through her teeth.
"No, I really think you look sharp," she retorted, but still lying.
"..."
"..."
The two were hungry so they decided to order a meal at the restaurant they were sitting in. Melissa's stomach grumbled.
"Boy, am I hungry," she said.
"Yeah, me... too?" James asked.
James wasn't hungry.
"Oh. I guess I'll just order a beer then," he said.
This particular placed didn't serve alcohol, so James would just have to order a soda. Or water.
"Well, water will have to do, then."
The waiter approached the couple and asked for their order.
"Hello and welcome to...," he paused.
There was a long silence between the three of them.
Denny's.
"Denny's. Welcome to Denny's," the waiter said. "We have a wonderful menu full of, um, whatever it is that you want to eat today. Which would be?"
"I'll have the steak?" Melissa said.
But they were out.
"No. The chicken, please," she said.
"I'm not eating," James said.
The waiter bowed and left the two alone.  James had been pinning over Melissa for months and now was his chance to express his true feelings to her.
"Melissa. You are a really great person and I have really strong feelings for you," James said.
"James. You are so swee--"
Melissa hated James.
"Asshole! You are just the absolute worst," she yelled. "This date is over!" Melissa got up from the table to leave, but the date wasn't over so she sat back down.
"When I say it's over! Which is later on," she said.
The waiter returned with the chicken and set it on the table.
"Here you are--"
He left without saying a word.
"Oh, goodbye," he said, apparently not able to follow instructions.
Melissa ate her chicken quickly because of how hungry she was. Food was all over her face and some even landed on the table.
"Geez, Melissa, slow down," James said.
"I really want to, but..." she paused, cramming more food into her mouth. What a pig.
James no longer loved her after seeing her pig out like a little fatty.
"Melissa," he said, standing up from the table. "This date is over and I don't love you anymore."
Fatty.
"Um, fatty."
James left in a huff.
"Oh, uh, bye. Sorry! It was nice meeting you, Melissa," he said.
But it wasn't nice. In fact he pledged to never see her again.
Melissa sat there, bloated and fat and alone.
"oh come on," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment